Here’s some questions for you, Geoff
IN last weeks Cambs Times Councillor Geoff Harper challenged my views on the Conservative-controlled Fenland District Council. It comes as no surprise that he doesn t want any opposition in Fenland Hall. These are just some of the necessary questions that
IN last weeks Cambs Times Councillor Geoff Harper challenged my views on the Conservative-controlled Fenland District Council.
It comes as no surprise that he doesn't want any opposition in Fenland Hall. These are just some of the necessary questions that desperately need answering:
- Why did the Fenland Council revenue account lose £17million last year?
- Why does a band C property in Fenland pay nearly half as much again in council tax to the district as a similar property in neighbouring Huntingdonshire or East Cambs?
You may also want to watch:
- Why do the top 10 members of council staff get paid over £1million between them?
- Why have the public been denied the democratic right to speak at meetings?
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- Why does the council want to sell off land earmarked as public open space for housing?
- Why is the council so slow to spend (in the communities where it belongs) the £1.2million of Section 106 money that has finally been collected?
- Why was the three-bin system foisted on us without proper consultation on the size of the bins or frequency of summer emptying?
- Why does the council continue to refuse to publish councillors' e-mail addresses?
- How can Fenland Hall can be considered "open for business" with such woefully insufficient customer parking?
- Why did the council allow a private company to claim ownership of public open space in March when it had proof that it was council-owned?
- Why, despite Cllr Harper promising that the recording of the last council meeting would appear on the web uncut, has never been seen?