Here we grow
Chatteris Town in Bloom has begun getting ready for the floral fantasia of the town this year, with a coffee morning hosted by member Janet Smith to raise funds for a particular part of the town – the Church Lane car park. Diane Baldry, Chatteris in Bloo
Chatteris Town in Bloom has begun getting ready for the floral fantasia of the town this year, with a coffee morning hosted by member Janet Smith to raise funds for a particular part of the town - the Church Lane car park.
Diane Baldry, Chatteris in Bloom spokeswoman, said: "This is an important part of the town in many ways being the car park in the centre of the town, just behind the church and opposite the council chambers and museum.
"On top of this it is the final point on the route to be visited by the judges of the Anglia in Bloom competition in July.
"Our work it not just about summer floral displays as we also work on sustainable planting, bio-diversity (in Meeks Cemetery and the land at the back of the church) plus filling tubs and beds with suitable plants in spring, winter and autumn as well as our normal summer show."
The coffee morning raised more than £300, which will cover the plant costs for this year for that one area.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash