Vintage signs described by police as local landmarks stolen from village barn
- Credit: Archant
Vintage signs that part of a village’s heritage and described by police as local landmarks have been stolen from a barn.
Police have released images of a number of signs which have been stolen from a home in Fen Ditton.
Offenders broke into a barn in High Street at some point between 8pm on Wednesday (14 March) and 11am Thursday (15 March) but took nothing.
However they have stolen six vintage tin advertising signs displayed on the front of the barn.
The signs are part of the village’s heritage and recognised as local landmarks. The barn has been in place since the 1920s.
You may also want to watch:
PC Kieran Watts said: “The victim has been left very upset by what has happened as the stolen signs were collected by her late husband.
“I would appeal to anyone who has any information about the incident, or who may have seen people acting suspiciously in the area, to contact police.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
“I would also appeal to anyone who has been offered to buy any of the signs to contact us.”
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CF0139220318 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
The full list of signs stolen from Fen Ditton: Barrett’s Bird Seed: Blue A2 tin sign with yellow writing.
Colemans Mustard: A1 sized yellow tin sign with black writing.
Lyons Tea – Large (about 5 feet by 3 feet) orange and blue tin sign with white writing.
Shell: A3 sized tin sign with some rust and wear around edges.
Blue Bell Tobacco: Large (about 3 foot by 3 foot) blue tin sign with white writing - some rust and wear around edges.
Gapstan Cigarettes: A1 sized white tin sign.
All signs have some rust and wear around the edges