Lorry driver caught eating a yoghurt at the wheel after ‘weaving between’ motorway lanes
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver spotted weaving between lanes on the motorway was caught “enjoying a yoghurt” while behind the wheel.
Police officers stopped the driver on the M1 on Wednesday, November 25 after they suspected he was using a mobile phone while driving.
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire Roads Policing Unit pulled up alongside the HGV and made a shocking discovery.
A spokesperson said: “We spotted this HGV on the M1 weaving between the lane markings.
“When we drew up alongside, expecting to see mobile phone use, the driver was enjoying a yogurt at the wheel using his forearms to steer.
You may also want to watch:
“Driver reported and stern words given.”
Cambs Cops tweeted: “When @roadpoliceBCH officers spotted this HGV weaving between lanes, they promptly pulled it over
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 5 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
“What do you think was causing such strange driving? Tiredness? Drink / drugs?
“No, the driver was eating a yoghurt at the wheel, not ‘Mullered’ at all. Reported!”