Lorry driver caught eating a yoghurt at the wheel after ‘weaving between’ motorway lanes
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver spotted weaving between lanes on the motorway was caught “enjoying a yoghurt” while behind the wheel.
Police officers stopped the driver on the M1 on Wednesday, November 25 after they suspected he was using a mobile phone while driving.
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire Roads Policing Unit pulled up alongside the HGV and made a shocking discovery.
A spokesperson said: “We spotted this HGV on the M1 weaving between the lane markings.
“When we drew up alongside, expecting to see mobile phone use, the driver was enjoying a yogurt at the wheel using his forearms to steer.
You may also want to watch:
“Driver reported and stern words given.”
Cambs Cops tweeted: “When @roadpoliceBCH officers spotted this HGV weaving between lanes, they promptly pulled it over
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
“What do you think was causing such strange driving? Tiredness? Drink / drugs?
“No, the driver was eating a yoghurt at the wheel, not ‘Mullered’ at all. Reported!”