Lorry driver caught eating a yoghurt at the wheel after ‘weaving between’ motorway lanes
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver spotted weaving between lanes on the motorway was caught “enjoying a yoghurt” while behind the wheel.
Police officers stopped the driver on the M1 on Wednesday, November 25 after they suspected he was using a mobile phone while driving.
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire Roads Policing Unit pulled up alongside the HGV and made a shocking discovery.
A spokesperson said: “We spotted this HGV on the M1 weaving between the lane markings.
“When we drew up alongside, expecting to see mobile phone use, the driver was enjoying a yogurt at the wheel using his forearms to steer.
You may also want to watch:
“Driver reported and stern words given.”
Cambs Cops tweeted: “When @roadpoliceBCH officers spotted this HGV weaving between lanes, they promptly pulled it over
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
“What do you think was causing such strange driving? Tiredness? Drink / drugs?
“No, the driver was eating a yoghurt at the wheel, not ‘Mullered’ at all. Reported!”