HGV lorry leaves road, damages power line and ends up in ditch on Benwick Road, Whittlesey - police on scene awaiting arrival of UK Power
- Credit: Archant
A lorry crashed and overturned into a ditch on Benwick Road, Whittlesey this morning.
The driver came away from the incident without any injuries.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at 8.15am by a member of the public to reports of an incident involving a HGV in Benwick Road, Whittlesey.
“The HGV had left the road and was in a ditch.
“Damage was caused to power lines as a result of the incident, but no injuries were reported.”
You may also want to watch:
Temporary road closures were put in place while the vehicle was recovered. Police are on site awaiting UK Power to disable the power connections.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital