High flying exam results for air cadets
- Credit: Archant
Cadets from a Fenland air squadron recently passed their classification exams helping further their cadet careers.
The young people from 272 (Wisbech) Squadron Air Cadets include Ryan Newman, Jerin Matthew, Akshay Kishor, Josh Loosemore, Aleksander Walencik, John Goude Cameron Scott, Maddie Callaghan, Emma Clarke and Ben Ayling.
They all passed their Leading Cadet Classification Cadet Exams.
The exams test their knowledge of aircraft operation in the RAF, how those aircraft fly and coming back down to earth map based navigation skills.
Passing Leading Cadet is a big achievement considering these are the first formal exams sat by a cadet.
You may also want to watch:
With Leading Cadet done and dusted they are already studying towards their next qualification, Senior Cadet.
The results of the exams enable the cadets to take part in more varied activities within the corps including overseas camps.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
They were presented with their certificates and new badges by the Officer Commanding 272 (Wisbech) Squadron, Flight Lieutenant Colin Arnold RAFVR(T).