High-flying Linda raises £500 for Cancer Research
- Credit: Archant
A high-flying March woman has raised more than £500 for charity by completing a parachute jump.
Linda Whitby, who works at M&Co in High Street, March, decided to hold the fundraiser in aid of Cancer Research UK.
She said: “Over the last few years I have enjoyed watching the tandem skydiving at North London Skydiving Centre.
“It has inspired me to not only do something for myself, but or a charity that is close to my heart, having lost my mum to cancer in 2011.
“I have been supported by my family, friends and work colleagues who donated ahead of my jump.
You may also want to watch:
“I am pleased to have raised a fantastic £508 and am so thankful for everyone’s contributions and support.”
One person who donated ahead of the jump said: “Linda you are so brave and I support you from the bottom of my heart.”
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
To donate go to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/linda-whitby1