High-flying Linda raises £500 for Cancer Research
- Credit: Archant
A high-flying March woman has raised more than £500 for charity by completing a parachute jump.
Linda Whitby, who works at M&Co in High Street, March, decided to hold the fundraiser in aid of Cancer Research UK.
She said: “Over the last few years I have enjoyed watching the tandem skydiving at North London Skydiving Centre.
“It has inspired me to not only do something for myself, but or a charity that is close to my heart, having lost my mum to cancer in 2011.
“I have been supported by my family, friends and work colleagues who donated ahead of my jump.
You may also want to watch:
“I am pleased to have raised a fantastic £508 and am so thankful for everyone’s contributions and support.”
One person who donated ahead of the jump said: “Linda you are so brave and I support you from the bottom of my heart.”
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 7 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
To donate go to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/linda-whitby1