High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire Linda Fairbrother to kick off 70 mile Macmillan Cancer Support walk in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Linda Fairbrother, the High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire, will walk more than 70 miles in six days in a bid to raise money for both Macmillan Cancer Support and the Cambridge Community Foundation.
Linda will start her journey in Wisbech on July 11 and pass through March, Huntingdon, Peterborough and Ely before arriving in Cambridge.
In addition to raising money for two good causes, Linda is keen to use the opportunity to meet local people in the county she serves.
Macmillan volunteers, officials and other local residents will join Linda to walk parts of the route. Her own friends and family will be joining her too.
Each day’s walk will be between 10 and 13 miles. In addition to the usual hiking paraphernalia, Linda will be bringing along her traditional hat complete with white ostrich feathers and ceremonial sword.
Money raised for Macmillan will be used to provide medical, practical, financial and emotional support for people affected by cancer. The Cambridge Community Foundation administers the High Sheriff’s Award scheme, which supports young people making a difference in their community.
If you would like to offer your support please contact Linda directly by e-mailing email@example.com.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 6 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
Donations can be sent to www.justgiving.com/highsheriff or sent by cheque made out to High Sheriff Awards, c/o Cambridge Community Foundation, Q1 The Quorum, Cambridge CB5 8RE.