Highlights of 2015 for your Fenland in pictures chosen by Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard photographer Steve Williams
- Credit: Archant
As 2016 gets underway Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard photographer Steve Williams takes a glance back over the past 12 months.
He has chosen images he captured across Fenland in 2015 that capture some of the most memorable stories and events of the year.
For instance in May he visited Hilda Boyce as she celebrated turning 100 with a double dose of Queen - a birthday card from her majesty and a visit from DJ Johnny Dee dressed as the legendary Freddie Mercury (front man of the band Queen).
In July he was in Chatteris for the hugely successful open day organised by the town’s allotment association whose members opened their plots to visitors and created some memorable scarecrows.
In November he had a ghoulish date with March couple Mark and Chris Randall when they tied the knot in true Gothic style complete with bridesmaid dressed in black and carrying broomsticks.
You may also want to watch:
In May Chocolate Drop the giant bullock was turning the heads of passing motorists on the A47 from his field at Pigeons Farm at Thorney, with his towering 5ft 10ins frame dominating his pint sized friend Hamish the Highland Cattle calf.
In July Manea celebrated the 60th anniversary of the annual gala with a bumper event packed full of attractions, which saw a record number of visitors.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
And in September Steve discovered he had accidentally played cupid to March couple Les and Val Powell after asking them to pose for a chance photo shoot in 2914. Covering the same event at Paul and Maria Nielson-Bom’s home in Henson Road in 2015 he met up with Les and Val, who explained loved had blossomed since the last time he had seen them and they had tied the knot.