Colourful NHS ‘thank you’ painted outside Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: Hinchingbrooke Hostpital
A heartfelt message of support for heroic health staff has been painted as road markings outside Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The artwork reading ‘Thank You NHS’ appeared near the site yesterday (April 27) after being painted by highways workers.
The blue and white NHS logo was also drawn alongside a colourful rainbow – the symbol of hope and gratitude adopted by many throughout the Covid-19 crisis.
“Each and every one of you are heroes,” it adds.
In a post on social media, the hospital said it was “a lovely message to greet you on your way to work”.
You may also want to watch:
The image of the artwork has had more than 250 shares online.
One person commented: “Fantastic gesture it shows how much people appreciate the work that you all do.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
It comes as similar markings have been painted outside hospitals across the UK.
The show of appreciation is the latest in paying tribute to those working to reduce the spread of coronavirus.