Historical group makes appeal for information about Outwell War Memorial’s fallen First World War heroes
- Credit: Archant
A historical group has made an appeal for information about the heroic servicemen whose names line the village war memorial.
The St Clements Church Historical Group is looking to compile a book about the 35 soldiers who gave their lives in the First World War.
Their sacrifice is recognised on the war memorial in St Clements churchyard, Outwell, where their names take pride of place.
The group hopes to receive photographs of the servicemen, details of where they lived and worked and any other useful information.
The book will be exhibited in Outwell church to coincide with the Centenary of the First World War.
Tony Judd, of the historical group, said: “It is our intention to compile a book with photographs and any other information available to exhibit the book in Outwell Church to coincide with the centenary of the outbreak of the war.”
If you have any information, contact Bill Smith on 01945 772712 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
Alternatively, call Tony Judd on 01366 383994 or e-mail email@example.com
The fallen servicemen listed on the Outwell War Memorial: Walter Bridges, Ralph Frederick Buck, Charles Daniels, William Daniels, Alfred Charles Doubleday, Percy Sidney Doubleday, Harold Eggett, (George) Harry Henry Feetham, Herbert Feetham, George Henry Fisher, George Harry Gee, Hugh Goodale, Albert Hall, George William Harvey, Bernard Heading, Percy Walter Hempson, Walter Hempson, Arthur William Hobbs, Herbert Horn, William Jackson, John Henry Lake, Tom Lake, George Laws, Theodore Moulton, Bert Murfitt, Edward Anton Newling, Sidney Ward Beecher Newling, Thomas Robb, George Rodwell, Charles Percy Smithee, Harry Venni, Walter Venni, Harry Watts, Archibald Wright, Herbert Wright.