History at March Rotary Club with its first female member
- Credit: Archant
History was made when Karen Coppin was officially made the first female member of the Rotary Club of March.
Ms Coppin, who is a Chiropodist, was sponsored by rotarian Bruce Wood.
She has been inducted by senior vice president Godfrey Smith and has been involved with the club for many years as her late father Derek Coppin was a member of and President of the club from 1982 to 1983.
Following the induction of Ms Coppin the club enjoyed a talk from guest speaker Nick Corke, the incoming District Governor for 2014/15.
Mr Corke, a member of Framlingham Rotary Club, outlined his vision of what the charity will achieve during his year in office and the new initiatives that are being introduced to make the organization more effective.
Following a variety of questions John Lattimore thanked Nick for his thought provoking presentation.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Missing woman back home
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday