History at March Rotary Club with its first female member
- Credit: Archant
History was made when Karen Coppin was officially made the first female member of the Rotary Club of March.
Ms Coppin, who is a Chiropodist, was sponsored by rotarian Bruce Wood.
She has been inducted by senior vice president Godfrey Smith and has been involved with the club for many years as her late father Derek Coppin was a member of and President of the club from 1982 to 1983.
Following the induction of Ms Coppin the club enjoyed a talk from guest speaker Nick Corke, the incoming District Governor for 2014/15.
Mr Corke, a member of Framlingham Rotary Club, outlined his vision of what the charity will achieve during his year in office and the new initiatives that are being introduced to make the organization more effective.
You may also want to watch:
Following a variety of questions John Lattimore thanked Nick for his thought provoking presentation.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire