History lessons with Ely author’s new book
- Credit: Archant
Learn all about the history of Ely with local author Pamela Blakeman’s latest book.
The retired teacher shares her passion for Ely’s history, which has led to her giving localy history courses for the University of Cambridge Board of Continuing Education, in the 96-page book.
Pamela gives the reader a guided tour of the historic town “showing how the areas you know and love have transformed over the centuries”.
Full of vibrant, eye-catching photos the pocket-sized book is the latest title in Amberley Publishing’s History Tour series.
In 2007 Pamela received an award from the Cambridgeshire Association for Local history for her dedicated service in the field of local and social history. And in 2009 she was awarded the freedom of the city from Ely City council.
To purchase the book, which costs £6.99, visit www.amberley-books.com It is also available in Kindle, Kobo and iBook formats.
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told