History lessons with Ely author’s new book
- Credit: Archant
Learn all about the history of Ely with local author Pamela Blakeman’s latest book.
The retired teacher shares her passion for Ely’s history, which has led to her giving localy history courses for the University of Cambridge Board of Continuing Education, in the 96-page book.
Pamela gives the reader a guided tour of the historic town “showing how the areas you know and love have transformed over the centuries”.
Full of vibrant, eye-catching photos the pocket-sized book is the latest title in Amberley Publishing’s History Tour series.
In 2007 Pamela received an award from the Cambridgeshire Association for Local history for her dedicated service in the field of local and social history. And in 2009 she was awarded the freedom of the city from Ely City council.
You may also want to watch:
To purchase the book, which costs £6.99, visit www.amberley-books.com It is also available in Kindle, Kobo and iBook formats.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire