Hitting the right note
I WAS delighted to read in your Fenland Eye section that Fenland District Council is embarking on a public consultation exercise regarding the type and location of proposals for a bandstand in West End Park, March. As one of those who expressed serious
I WAS delighted to read in your 'Fenland Eye' section that Fenland District Council is embarking on a public consultation exercise regarding the type and location of proposals for a bandstand in West End Park, March.
As one of those who expressed serious concern about the lack of consultation, when this project seemed as though it would be bulldozed through at March Town Council following a presentation by Bob Ollier the officer responsible for Parks and Leisure, I should congratulate the mayor, Councillor Jan French, and Mr Ollier and his team for recognising the need for wider consultation on such an important project.
I hope all those who have attended band concerts in the park over the last three years or so will have been to the town hall during the consultation period to take advantage of the opportunity to have their say.
My personal choice (not just because it is cheapest), would be for the canopy style, over the existing hard standing performance area near the George Campbell Leisure Centre.
You may also want to watch:
I prefer the open canopy style because it will accommodate even the biggest band, whereas those with a balustrade could be difficult for bands with as many as 30 musicians and instruments. It also offers more options for other types of open air performance.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile