Hitting the right note
I WAS delighted to read in your Fenland Eye section that Fenland District Council is embarking on a public consultation exercise regarding the type and location of proposals for a bandstand in West End Park, March. As one of those who expressed serious
I WAS delighted to read in your 'Fenland Eye' section that Fenland District Council is embarking on a public consultation exercise regarding the type and location of proposals for a bandstand in West End Park, March.
As one of those who expressed serious concern about the lack of consultation, when this project seemed as though it would be bulldozed through at March Town Council following a presentation by Bob Ollier the officer responsible for Parks and Leisure, I should congratulate the mayor, Councillor Jan French, and Mr Ollier and his team for recognising the need for wider consultation on such an important project.
I hope all those who have attended band concerts in the park over the last three years or so will have been to the town hall during the consultation period to take advantage of the opportunity to have their say.
My personal choice (not just because it is cheapest), would be for the canopy style, over the existing hard standing performance area near the George Campbell Leisure Centre.
I prefer the open canopy style because it will accommodate even the biggest band, whereas those with a balustrade could be difficult for bands with as many as 30 musicians and instruments. It also offers more options for other types of open air performance.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police