Hitting the right note
I WAS delighted to read in your Fenland Eye section that Fenland District Council is embarking on a public consultation exercise regarding the type and location of proposals for a bandstand in West End Park, March. As one of those who expressed serious
I WAS delighted to read in your 'Fenland Eye' section that Fenland District Council is embarking on a public consultation exercise regarding the type and location of proposals for a bandstand in West End Park, March.
As one of those who expressed serious concern about the lack of consultation, when this project seemed as though it would be bulldozed through at March Town Council following a presentation by Bob Ollier the officer responsible for Parks and Leisure, I should congratulate the mayor, Councillor Jan French, and Mr Ollier and his team for recognising the need for wider consultation on such an important project.
I hope all those who have attended band concerts in the park over the last three years or so will have been to the town hall during the consultation period to take advantage of the opportunity to have their say.
My personal choice (not just because it is cheapest), would be for the canopy style, over the existing hard standing performance area near the George Campbell Leisure Centre.
I prefer the open canopy style because it will accommodate even the biggest band, whereas those with a balustrade could be difficult for bands with as many as 30 musicians and instruments. It also offers more options for other types of open air performance.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 9 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant