HM Revenue and Customs remind Fenland families to renew tax claims by July 31
WITH the July 31 deadline for renewing tax credits claims fast approaching, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is urging families and individuals in Cambridgeshire who haven’t yet done so to renew their claims now.
Around 10,700 families claim tax credits in Fenland, but failure to renew your tax credits claim will lead to your payments being stopped.
To renew, check the accuracy of the information in the renewals pack you’ve been sent and let HMRC know of any changes in your circumstances you haven’t already reported during the year, such as your working hours, childcare costs or pay.
You must also provide details of your previous year’s income.
Having the right documents to hand will help reduce errors when you’re filling out the form, for example, payslips, your end of year P60 form and childcare details.
You may also want to watch:
HMRC’s Director of Benefits and Credits, Steve Lamey said “Time is running out to renew your tax credits.
Don’t leave it until the last minute – get it done now, and ensure your payments continue after July.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early
In Cambridgeshire, 74,100 families claim tax credits.
? HMRC has launched a series of new online help videos which take tax credit claimants step-by-step through the renewals process.
They are available – as well as lots of other help and information on tax credit renewals – from the DirectGov website: www.direct.gov.uk/renewyourtaxcredits