Hog roast and auction in March raises money for Scotty’s Little Soldiers
- Credit: Archant
A night of food and an auction raised £3,000 for Scotty’s Little Soldiers that looks after the families of wounded and killed soldiers.
The evening was arranged by Nev and Rosa Hopkin of Pig’n’Spud for their annual charity hog roast at the GER in March.
More than 220 people enjoyed food and raising money by bidding on an array of auction lots.
A total of £3,000 was raised, made up of £2,821 from the auction and £168.30 in donations.
Nev and Rosa said they would like to thank Lorraine and Tony Barnes for setting up the hall, Mark Badcock from Cheffins for being the auctioneer, Keith and Danny of ‘54321’ for the music, Sarah and Ben Hopkin and Nicola, Tracey and Stuart Cage for their help with the Hog Roast.
They added: “Thanks also to Doe’s of Littleport, The Railway touring company Kings Lynn, North London Parachute centre Block Fen, Top to Toe Wisbech, Simply interiors Wisbech, Nigel Searle, Neil and Veronica Watson and Michael Fisher for their auction lot donations.
“Special thanks to Simon Whittaker for representing Scotty’s Little Soldiers and making a speech about the charity and his personal attachment to it.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
• Next year’s event is Saturday November 10 at the GER. The charity is yet to be decided.