Hollywood stars set to roll into Ely to shoot new blockbuster
- Credit: Archant
A casting agency is on the look out for extras for an upcoming Hollywood feature film that is being shot in Ely.
The Casting Network would like to hear from men and women aged between 16-80 to work on the set of a film adaption of the Shakespearian tragedy, Macbeth.
The film, set to feature Hollywood stars Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard, is shooting in Ely from March 19-21, with filming taking place from 6am-7pm. There will also be some filming carried out at night.
Lesley Gogarty, of The Casting Network, said: “As the film is set in Scotland in medieval times, for historical accuracy, we can only consider Caucasian men and women age 16 to 80.
“Anyone who wishes to be considered must live in the area or live quite nearby as no travel allowances are payable on this production.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as filming days, all applicants must be available for costume fitting in the first or second week of March.
Lesley added: “Men ideally need collar length to shoulder length hair with a beard. If your hair is longer than shoulder length you should be willing to have it cut, and if it’s short you need to start growing it out.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
“Facial hair is great too. If you don’t already have a beard, please start growing one.
Women ideally need very long hair with no obvious highlights and no obvious dye.”
Day shoots for up to 12 hours continuous filming could earn £100 and for 12 hour continuous filming, night shoots pay £120.
It is not the first time Hollywood has come calling in Ely, with blockbuster Jupiter Rising shot in the cathedral last year, and The King’s Speech, The Other Boleyn Girl and Elizabeth: The Golden Age, also shooting in the city.
For more information about Macbeth, see the website www.thecastingnetwork.co.uk