Holy Moly! Don’t Passover the opportunity to own a giant Jesus
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech community group has a divine offer for local people - two giant Jesus figures that they are giving away for free.
The eight foot high holy offerings were made for a Brazil themed carnival float for this year’s Rose Fair parade.
They are now taking up too much space in the storage cupboards of the Rosmini Centre and manager Anita Grodkiewicz is giving them away to anyone interested in giving Christ the Redeemer a new home.
Mrs Grodkiewicz said: “We haven’t room for them here. At the moment they are stored in pieces. It seems a shame to break them up for bird boxes.
“We would rather see them go to a good home.”
You may also want to watch:
Rosmini Centre volunteer, woodworker Jon Wickes, spent four weeks making the giant Jesus figures.
They can be delivered locally for a donation to the centre.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
Anyone interested should call the centre on 01945 474422.