‘Voice of the new generation’ pens poignant Prince Philip poem
- Credit: YouTube/World of Kittix
A young royalist - described by her mother as “the voice of the new generation” - has penned a poignant poem following the death of Prince Philip.
Laura Mihaela Cretu from March created the poem titled ‘For our Departed Prince’ and hopes to inspire other young people with her words.
The home-educated 15-year-old is a huge fan of the Royal Family and British history and decided to dedicate a poem to the late Duke of Edinburgh.
Prince Philip, who is Queen Elizabeth II's husband, died on Friday, April 9 at Windsor Castle aged 99, two months before his 100th birthday.
“This tragedy shall drown in tears,” says Laura in her poem. “As you’ve [Prince Philip] been more, far more, than just a Prince now for many years.
You may also want to watch:
The hard-hitting poem has been uploaded to Laura’s YouTube channel named ‘World of Kittix’ and has already had more than 170 views.
She added: “As long as our country remains united, the Prince of England’s eternal sleep shall be peaceful.”
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 7 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s