Home system must be a fairer way
HAVING read Home Choice is up for Consultation in last week s Fenland Eye, I hope that this system is a fairer way to get a council house because I and my family have been on the waiting list for 13 years. Having been born and bred in March I am now li
HAVING read 'Home Choice is up for Consultation' in last week's Fenland Eye, I hope that this system is a fairer way to get a council house because I and my family have been on the waiting list for 13 years.
Having been born and bred in March I am now living in a flat. I do not have a bad rent record for where I live. I am not greedy and will settle for a two-bedroom house or bungalow in March but apparently I am not needy.
I do not know how the council can tell because it has never visited me at home.
Every time I ask to speak to people in the housing team I am told they will telephone, which they do not.
I hope the council can get its communication right before this policy comes into effect.
If not it will say your application for a house has not been received.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
MRS S TOMSETT