Home system must be a fairer way
HAVING read Home Choice is up for Consultation in last week s Fenland Eye, I hope that this system is a fairer way to get a council house because I and my family have been on the waiting list for 13 years. Having been born and bred in March I am now li
HAVING read 'Home Choice is up for Consultation' in last week's Fenland Eye, I hope that this system is a fairer way to get a council house because I and my family have been on the waiting list for 13 years.
Having been born and bred in March I am now living in a flat. I do not have a bad rent record for where I live. I am not greedy and will settle for a two-bedroom house or bungalow in March but apparently I am not needy.
I do not know how the council can tell because it has never visited me at home.
Every time I ask to speak to people in the housing team I am told they will telephone, which they do not.
You may also want to watch:
I hope the council can get its communication right before this policy comes into effect.
If not it will say your application for a house has not been received.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
MRS S TOMSETT