Home system must be a fairer way
HAVING read Home Choice is up for Consultation in last week s Fenland Eye, I hope that this system is a fairer way to get a council house because I and my family have been on the waiting list for 13 years. Having been born and bred in March I am now li
HAVING read 'Home Choice is up for Consultation' in last week's Fenland Eye, I hope that this system is a fairer way to get a council house because I and my family have been on the waiting list for 13 years.
Having been born and bred in March I am now living in a flat. I do not have a bad rent record for where I live. I am not greedy and will settle for a two-bedroom house or bungalow in March but apparently I am not needy.
I do not know how the council can tell because it has never visited me at home.
Every time I ask to speak to people in the housing team I am told they will telephone, which they do not.
You may also want to watch:
I hope the council can get its communication right before this policy comes into effect.
If not it will say your application for a house has not been received.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
MRS S TOMSETT