‘Poor guy is out of a job’: Two homes damaged after Mr Whippy ice cream van bursts into flames on residential street in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Supplied/Chris Lewis
Dramatic images have emerged from a large fire in Whittlesey involving a Mr Whippy ice cream van.
The dessert truck burst into flames on Wednesday, September 19 at around 4.30pm on a residential street in the Fenland town.
Pictures from the scene show the yellow van parked just metres away from people's homes and cars - including a £30,000 Range Rover less than a metre in front.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "We got the call at 5.04pm. A crew from a Whittlesey attended and extinguished the fire.
"There was some damage externally to two properties too. The cause was accidental. The crew left the scene about 6pm."
You may also want to watch:
Images shared online in one of the local Facebook discussion groups had divided reactions, with some people sharing jokes.
In the owner's defence, one resident said: "Poor guy is out of a job no income no money for his Bill's and people [joking], yep about right !!
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
"I really hope this poor guy gets his business back very soon with the loudest bloody chims possible and sits outside everyone of your houses shouting Haha I'm back !!"
Another added: "I'm sure people wouldn't be so quick to [joke] if it was a shop or another business on fire. Give the guy a break. His income has just gone up in flames."