Honour for musician
SINGER George Eddy from March, has won the title of Cambridge Young Musician of the Year 2008. George, 18, pictured, was awarded the title at the competition finalists concert at St Faith s School, Cambridge, on Sunday. More than 100 entries were receiv
SINGER George Eddy from March, has won the title of Cambridge Young Musician of the Year 2008.
George, 18, pictured, was awarded the title at the competition finalists' concert at St Faith's School, Cambridge, on Sunday.
More than 100 entries were received for this year's competition, which was open to those aged 10-18. Classes were held for piano, strings, wind, brass, percussion and voice.
George, a former student of the King's School, Ely, and a former Ely Cathedral
You may also want to watch:
chorister, picked up a £250 prize and an invitation to appear in a concert at West Road Concert Hall, Cambridge, on Sunday May 11.
- 1 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 2 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 3 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 4 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 5 'We can't stand still' - co-chairman on taking Whittlesey to next level
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 Motorist escapes serious injury after Sixteen Foot Bank crash
- 8 Man hospitalised with serious injuries after industrial accident
- 9 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 10 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival