Charities invited to bid for funding support from regional building firm Hopkins Homes
- Credit: Archant
Charities across the region stand to benefit from an expansion of a builders’ funding scheme.
Hopkins Homes is marking the sale of its 5,000th home by doubling the size and widening the geographic area of its Hopkins Charitable Fund, so that it will provide at least £500,000 for charities in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk over the next five years.
James Hopkins, executive chairman, said: “As a company, we are proud of our strong track record of supporting local communities and charities.
“But as we grow as a company, we want to grow our charitable giving too.
“We will be announcing more details of this shortly but to mark this occasion we are doubling the size of our existing charitable fund to support local communities across our operating area.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hopkins founded Hopkins Homes with Trevor Harris in 1992, and he has since become the majority shareholder in the business, which builds hundreds of homes each year.
Grants from the fund will be made annually.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Charities and community groups seeking support should contact 01223 410535.