Charities invited to bid for funding support from regional building firm Hopkins Homes
- Credit: Archant
Charities across the region stand to benefit from an expansion of a builders’ funding scheme.
Hopkins Homes is marking the sale of its 5,000th home by doubling the size and widening the geographic area of its Hopkins Charitable Fund, so that it will provide at least £500,000 for charities in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk over the next five years.
James Hopkins, executive chairman, said: “As a company, we are proud of our strong track record of supporting local communities and charities.
“But as we grow as a company, we want to grow our charitable giving too.
“We will be announcing more details of this shortly but to mark this occasion we are doubling the size of our existing charitable fund to support local communities across our operating area.”
Mr Hopkins founded Hopkins Homes with Trevor Harris in 1992, and he has since become the majority shareholder in the business, which builds hundreds of homes each year.
Grants from the fund will be made annually.
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
Charities and community groups seeking support should contact 01223 410535.