Horse injured when a group broke free and ran on to Wimblington bypass
- Credit: Archant
A horse was injured when it broke free from a field and was in collision with a car as it ran on to the Wimblington by-pass.
The horse was among a group which broke loose and ran on to the A141 on Sunday (24) at about 9.15pm.
The incident happened near the Priory Golf and Footgolf Centre.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at around 9.15 last night to reports of vehicles involved in a collision with loose horses on the A141 at March.
“Two cars hit one of the horses and a passenger in one of the vehicles suffered minor injuries as a result.
“The horses were eventually rounded up into their field and a damaged vehicle was recovered from the scene.
“One of the horses was injured as a result of the collision.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 6 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday