Horse injured when a group broke free and ran on to Wimblington bypass
- Credit: Archant
A horse was injured when it broke free from a field and was in collision with a car as it ran on to the Wimblington by-pass.
The horse was among a group which broke loose and ran on to the A141 on Sunday (24) at about 9.15pm.
The incident happened near the Priory Golf and Footgolf Centre.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at around 9.15 last night to reports of vehicles involved in a collision with loose horses on the A141 at March.
“Two cars hit one of the horses and a passenger in one of the vehicles suffered minor injuries as a result.
You may also want to watch:
“The horses were eventually rounded up into their field and a damaged vehicle was recovered from the scene.
“One of the horses was injured as a result of the collision.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital