Horse and pony show, charity bingo, 60s dance and race night coming up in Upwell
- Credit: Archant
Upwell Playing Field Committee will be holding a horse and pony show this Saturday, May 20, at Upwell Playing field.
The judges are in hand Kenny Jarman and ridden Tracey Stevens with 30 classes to judge between them.
First in hand class is at 9.30am and ridden not starting before 12noon.
Refreshments and toilet on site.
Then on Sunday May 28, charity bingo will be held at Upwell Hall in aid of Upwell Playing Field.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 6.30pm and refreshments will be available.
On Saturday June 3 Upwell Playing Field, Upwell Hall and Upwell Bowls Club team up to host a 60s dance with music from Sounds Familiar.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Tickets are £10 (bring your own food) and there will be a licensed bar.
Contact Nigel on 01945 738022 or Ros on 01945 773604 for tickets.
Then on Saturday June 10, the committee’s host a race night with a light finger buffet. To sponsor a race, horse or jockey contact Charles on 01945 772239 or Nigel on 01945 738022.
The events are being held to fund three local organisations to continue with maintenance and improvements to their grounds.