Watch the miraculous moment firefighters lift horse from ditch with help from farmer
- Credit: Archant
A stranded horse was lifted from a ditch in the Fens during the bank holiday thanks to local firefighters and a nearby farmer.
The horse, which is now back with her owners recovering, fell into a ditch in Chatteris on Monday, May 25 and was unable to escape.
Luckily, firefighters from Chatteris, Sutton and Dogsthorpe were on hand to lift the mare from the muddy trench on Sixteen Foot Bank using a farmer’s JCB crane.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to rescue a horse that had fallen into a ditch in Chatteris.
“With assistance from a nearby farmer and his Telehandler, the horse was rescued and is now recovering well at home with her owner.
You may also want to watch:
“After being checked over by a vet, the horse was found to have no serious injuries.”
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years