Watch the miraculous moment firefighters lift horse from ditch with help from farmer
- Credit: Archant
A stranded horse was lifted from a ditch in the Fens during the bank holiday thanks to local firefighters and a nearby farmer.
The horse, which is now back with her owners recovering, fell into a ditch in Chatteris on Monday, May 25 and was unable to escape.
Luckily, firefighters from Chatteris, Sutton and Dogsthorpe were on hand to lift the mare from the muddy trench on Sixteen Foot Bank using a farmer’s JCB crane.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to rescue a horse that had fallen into a ditch in Chatteris.
“With assistance from a nearby farmer and his Telehandler, the horse was rescued and is now recovering well at home with her owner.
You may also want to watch:
“After being checked over by a vet, the horse was found to have no serious injuries.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March