Horsefair security guard praised by Cambs Police for role in fighting crime
- Credit: Archant
A security officer at a Fenland shopping centre has been praised by Cambs Police for his role in reducing crime.
Roger Vanhinsbergh, who has worked at Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre for the past seven years, was thanked for his dedication by Fenland Insp Robin Sissons.
In his letter, Insp Sissons said Mr Vanhinsbergh “has made himself such an important part of the community that police officers often make him the first port of call prior to any investigation and this is due to his knowledge and work ethic.
“The local business community have a great working relationship with Roger and he regularly liaises with them with any information regarding the Shop Watch system and known criminals.”
Mr Vanhinsbergh was given a certificate of merit by his employers City Security Service and a framed version of the letter from Cambs Police.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Clarke, managing director of City Security Services said: “Roger has been instrumental in ensuring that the Horsefair Shopping Centre is a safe and welcoming place to visit.
“He has been commended by Wisbech Police on several occasions and is well respected by the local people.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“It is an honour to have him as an employee.”
Horsefair manager Kevin Smith also paid tribute to Mr Vanhinsbergh and presented him with gift vouchers.
He said: “We highly value the work that Roger carries out at the shopping centre and I know he has a lot of respect from our customers.”