Horsefair shopping centre manager shortlisted for national award
- Credit: Archant
The centre manager at the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech has beat off stiff competition to be shortlisted for this year’s SCEPTRE Awards.
Now in their 15th year, the awards recognise best practice and best people in the shopping centre industry and are the one of the most recognised accolades in this sector.
Kevin Smith is one of five to be nominated in the Marketing Manager of the Year category and has been recognised for his successful tailored marketing events aimed at rewarding the town’s loyal community with regular free activities, family entertainment and support for local charities.
Mr Smith said: “I’m delighted to be nominated for this prestigious award. It’s great to see the Horsefair Shopping Centre listed amongst the biggest names in retail.
“Just being shortlisted is an achievement that I’m very proud of but it would be fantastic to go through and win!”
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Mitchell, marketing manager at NewRiver Retail, which owns the Horsefair, commented: “I’m so pleased for Kevin. This is a terrific accolade and he deserves recognition for all of the hard work that he puts into arranging events at the Horsefair.”
This is not the first award Kevin has been lined up for. Last year he was awarded the title of Shopping Centre Manager of the Year for a Small Centre by NewRiver Retail and in 2010 he won a Purple Apple Pip award at the British Council of Shopping Centres Purple Apple Marketing Award.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The SCEPTRE dinner and awards ceremony take place at The Dorchester in London on June 24.