Horsefair Shopping Centre raises hundreds of pounds for Wisbech Lions
- Credit: Archant
A car boot sale at a Fenland shopping centre raised more than £360 for Wisbech Lions Club.
The charity has also been boosted by the Horsefair Shopping Centre’s textile recycling bank, which opened last July.
Shoppers have dropped off unwanted clothing items, with a percentage of the proceeds donated to the Lions - so far almost £100 has been raised this way.
Horsefair manager Kevin Smith said: “The textile bank is a brilliant way of raising money from things that might usually be thrown away.
“I’m so pleased that we’ve been able to donate so much money to the Wisbech Lions Club recently; they do so much to help out in the local community so it’s great to be able to support them.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Lions vice president Ray Hill said: “All of the funds raised go towards local deserving causes and community projects. Thanks to the team at the Horsefair for the ongoing help.”
The Horsefair textile recycling bank is located next to Superdrug and shoppers can drop off their items at any time of day.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
For more information visit www.horsefairshoppingcentre.co.uk.