Coronavirus: Four deaths confirmed - three at Peterborough City Hospital and a fourth at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Three patients at Peterborough City Hospital and another at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon, have died from coronavirus disease.
Confirmation of the deaths was provided last night (Wednesday) by Caroline Walker, chief executive of the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust,
She said: “I can confirm that sadly, four patients being cared for in our trust have passed away.
“One at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and three at Peterborough City Hospital.
“All patients were over the age of 70 and had pre-existing health conditions. They had all tested positive for COVID-19.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts and condolences remain with the patient’s family and loved ones at this difficult time.”
Ms Walker said: “The trust, DHSC, NHS England and NHS Improvement will not be giving out any further information on these patients.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
“The media are asked to respect the wishes of the families, and the interests of staff at the hospital to avoid any disruption to operational services.”