Host urgently needed for French family visiting Wisbech for town’s Arles Festival
The Arles Twinning Club is hosting a group from Arles for the Arles Festival in Wisbech on Sunday, July 12. The visitors from Arles stay with families in and around Wisbech.
They have had a great response to their appeal for hosts to accommodate the visitors but are in urgent need for someone to host one family.
If you can help please contact Roy Claxton at email@example.com or David Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01945 465126.
Later in the year there will be an opportunity to visit your guests at their homes in Arles.
Arles is steeped in history. It was the Roman capital of France and has an arena like the Coliseum, a Roman theatre and, of course, Roman baths.
You may also want to watch:
It is also close the French Riviera and wonderful sandy Mediterranean beaches. For lovers of nature the Camargue nature reserve is nearby and has 400 spices of birds including masses of flamingos, herds of camargue horses and traditional bulls.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Friends of Wisbech Institute