Not just crime! Police rescue rogue swan ‘Hot Fuzz style’ after it steps out onto A47 Thorney Bypass
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
Chaos was caused on one of Fenland’s main roads this afternoon as police attempted to trap a suspect in custody…
The suspect, a swan, attempted to escape pursing officers as they ran down the A47 Thorney Bypass before they were caught.
The swan even posed for photos inside its plastic cage following the "Hot Fuzz style" high-speed pursuit on Thursday, September 26.
Police used the opportunity to tell their 6,000 Twitter followers that they do not just deal with crime in the region.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Not every day you get called to the A47 on the Thorney Bypass for a swan.
You may also want to watch:
"After a short foot chase Hot Fuzz style, one swan in custody #noluckcatchingthemswansthen #notjustcrime."
The 'no luck catching them swans then' is of course a reference to the hit Simon Pegg and Nick Frost film Hot Fuzz.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
A scene in the movie follows small village police officers as they attempt to catch a large white swan in similar circumstances.
Like Fen Cops, the outcome was the same. Both swans were rescued and taken home… where ever that is.