Cambridgeshire set to scorch in temperatures hotter than Ibiza
- Credit: PA
If you’re heading out this weekend, make sure you’ve packed your sunscreen as the region is set to be hit by scorching temperatures up to 28C.
Starting from this evening, the boiling hot weather is set to continue throughout the weekend and into Monday, with humid days hotter than Greece and Ibiza.
Sunday (June 13) is predicted as the weekend’s hottest day with temperatures reaching 26C (78.8F), followed by Monday at 28C (82.4F).
A Met Office spokesperson said: “A widely sunny start to Saturday, though some patchy cloud developing by mid-morning.
“Prolonged sunshine expected through the afternoon. Warm or very warm inland, though slightly fresher along some North Sea coasts. Maximum temperature 25 °C.
You may also want to watch:
“Sunday to Tuesday are sunny and very warm, perhaps hot day Sunday.
“Turning cloudier Monday, but still warm or very warm and sunny for a time. Dry, very warm and sunny on Tuesday.”
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden