Cambridgeshire set to scorch in temperatures hotter than Ibiza
- Credit: PA
If you’re heading out this weekend, make sure you’ve packed your sunscreen as the region is set to be hit by scorching temperatures up to 28C.
Starting from this evening, the boiling hot weather is set to continue throughout the weekend and into Monday, with humid days hotter than Greece and Ibiza.
Sunday (June 13) is predicted as the weekend’s hottest day with temperatures reaching 26C (78.8F), followed by Monday at 28C (82.4F).
A Met Office spokesperson said: “A widely sunny start to Saturday, though some patchy cloud developing by mid-morning.
“Prolonged sunshine expected through the afternoon. Warm or very warm inland, though slightly fresher along some North Sea coasts. Maximum temperature 25 °C.
You may also want to watch:
“Sunday to Tuesday are sunny and very warm, perhaps hot day Sunday.
“Turning cloudier Monday, but still warm or very warm and sunny for a time. Dry, very warm and sunny on Tuesday.”
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 6 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash