Firefighters tackle March kitchen fire for almost an hour at Primrose Crescent on Easter Monday
- Credit: GOOGLE
A fire broke out inside a Fenland home over the Easter Weekend, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue have revealed.
Two crews from March were called to a home on Primrose Crescent in the town on Monday (April 22) at around 1.40pm.
Firefighters confirmed the fire was “accidental” and they returned back to the town station on Wisbech Road by 2.30pm.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “On Monday at 13.43pm, two crews from March were called to house fire on Primrose Crescent.
“We arrived to find the house heavily smoke logged, and a fire in the kitchen. The cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
“Wearing breathing apparatus, we used one hose reel to extinguish the fire, before returning to our station by 2.30pm.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol