Firefighters tackle tumble dryer blaze in March home for two hours

15 November, 2018 - 10:39
Firefighters tackled a tumble dryer blaze in March for two hours. Picture: HARRY RUTTER

Firefighters tackled a tumble dryer blaze in March for two hours. Picture: HARRY RUTTER

HARRY RUTTER

Firefighters were called to a house in March after the home owner’s tumble dryer caught fire.

Crews from Wisbech and March were called at around 10.15am on Wednesday, November 14 to the fire on The Green in March.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving a tumble dryer in a house.

“Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 12.35pm.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Cambs Times