66 bed care home - with cinema and tea shop - will open in 2023
- Credit: Archive
Wisbech businessman James Punton has sold a 4.7-acre site with planning consent for a care home.
His company, Wisbech Construction Ltd, obtained permission last year for the care home in Magazine Lane.
It has been bought by LNT Care Developments and director Keeley Sharp said it would add to “an established and emerging pipeline of sites across the East of England”.
His company plan a 66-bedroom, two-storey home; they will also build some nearby houses which were also agreed.
Fenland Council allowed five houses on the site to part fund “the significant development costs of the care home and to ease cash flow in the early stages of development”.
Construction is due to start in January 2022 with a predicted completion date of February 2023.
Mr Sharp said: “Once complete, the home will provide outstanding accommodation with fully en suite bedrooms, spacious communal areas, and state-of-the-art amenities.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
“These will include a cinema, library, garden room and tea shop, all surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens.”
Christie & Co was appointed as the selling agent for this site, which was sold for an undisclosed price.