How can someone be so callous and shout “shut up” at ambulance with sirens on
LAST Saturday I was waiting on the island in the centre of Broad Street, March, to cross the road to Fenland Walk.
Cars were parked at the side and the road was very busy.
I saw an ambulance come round the Fountain with blue lights flashing, so I waited. A couple dashed across the road and cars were in front of the ambulance.
As the ambulance drew level, the siren was put on. To my amazement, the man turned as the ambulance went past and shouted, at the top of his voice: “Shut up.”
I was so incensed and muttered loudly: “I wonder if you would do that if your father of some relative was perhaps dying and in need of an ambulance.”
You may also want to watch:
I cannot understand the mentality of some people. How can they be so callous when all that the crew wanted was to get to their destination quickly?
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions