How does Steve know what we’re doing? He’s not in my pocket and has no knowledge of the problems we put right
I find that Councillor Steve Tierney is now scraping the barrel of dirt to the very bottom.
This is what he published on a Facebook discussion Forum site: “On a local level UKIP would destroy our town.”
“Look at the mess they have made locally as county councillors.”
I ask, how on earth does he know what I and other county councillors have and are doing for this community? He is not in my pocket, he has no knowledge of who we see and what problems we put right.
He also states: “If people want change from a growing, prosperous and upbeat town into a racist, hate-filled wasteland then vote UKIP.”
This is a slanderous and highly inappropriate comment that is inciting racial hatred.
I will give him a little information – we have standing as a candidate a female Latvian, who in her short time here has already become a school governor and is fluent in three languages
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
I notice that Wisbech market place has had in a short time a one-way system, then an almighty about-turn to the opposite way.
How very decisive.
CLLR ALAN LAY
County councillor, Roman Bank and Peckover