Huge turnout - and nearly 40 stands- make Cromwell careers convention a massive success
- Credit: Archant
Over 900 pupils attended the biggest yet careers convention at Chatteris.
The event was held at the Cromwell Community College and nearly 40 stands were manned to show career options.
A college spokesman said: “Cromwell can boast one of the biggest events of this kind in Cambridgeshire. “
Primary Schools were also invited to encourage ideas for their futures and get them thinking about the opportunities available to them.
Pupils from Thomas Clarkson Community College and Witchford Village College attended, as well as all year 10 11 and 6th form from Cromwell.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils had presentations by the College of West Anglia and Anglia Ruskin University.
Parents were invited to later sessions.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
The spokesman said: “Many schools said how useful and informative the convention was because of the wide range of businesses and educational establishment there were.
“Comments such as – the pupils were buzzing on return to their school – eager to pass on all the experiences they had, from testing fruit juices to using a speed camera at the Cambridgeshire Police stand.”