Hula-hoop competition and photo booth get Chatteris laughing
- Credit: Archant
The team at Ellis Winters & Co got in the carnival spirit this year scooping second place in the town’s window display competition and entertaining the crowds at the annual Chatteris Carnival.
Tracy Raine and Debs Spencer put together the company’s Olympic-themed winning window display and the £20 prize money was donated to Cancer Research.
Sue Davies, director of Ellis Winters & Co, said: “The window looked great and it was great to see so many people pass the office as the carnival procession went by.
“We had lots of balloons to give to the children and all the adults got a copy of our Brazilian carrot cake recipe.”
On the Ellis Winters carnival stand, visitors were treated to rentals negotiator Clarissa Duggan’s hula-hoop skills competition. Children and adults competed to see who could spin the hula-hoop the most times in one minute and two minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Max Smith won the children’s prize of a £25 gift voucher and Nicola Gerken took the adult prize of a £50 gift voucher.
Many carnival-goers also had their photo taken with funny accessories in the Ellis Winters photo booth. Copies of all the photos taken on the day are available from the Ellis Winters & Co office.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Mrs Davies added: “The sun shone and we all had an absolutely brilliant day talking and laughing with everyone in the local community.
“A huge thank-you to our wonderful, friendly staff and, in particular, Tracy, who organised everything and everyone.
“All proceeds from our stall will be donated to the carnival committee.”