Hundreds of events to choose from at OuseFest 2016!
- Credit: Archant
The second year of OuseFest will have something for everyone starting this weekend – with more than 100 events to choose from!
Between Monday 18 to Sunday 31 July, a fortnight of more than 100 local events will celebrate the Ouse Washes landscape and communities.
“There’s plenty happening at a variety of venues right on our doorsteps, spanning across the landscape from Downham Market to St Ives,” say organisers.
“It’s a perfect opportunity to learn more about the history of the fascinating Ouse Washes area, local wildlife and habitats and traditional Fenland life.
“OuseFest is sure to be lots of fun and a great way to reminisce about the old days, think about the Ouse Washes of the future and enjoy everything the beautiful local area has to offer.”
You may also want to watch:
A date for the diaries is the OuseFest fun day which takes place in Manea on Saturday July 23 between 11am and 5pm. Expect a range of activities held at Manea Pit Nature Reserve and RSPB Ouse Washes (with a shuttle bus between the sites). At Manea Pit Nature Reserve there will be pond dipping, angling sessions, a quiz in the community orchard and a guided walk around Manea. There will be face painting, bouncy castle and refreshments available to purchase.
At RSPB Ouse Washes, join a fascinating guided walk, take part in a nature trail or try out a mini-beasting kit.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
For more information about OuseFest 2016 visit http://ousewashes.org.uk/ousefest/