Hundreds of festive shoppers and gift stalls help mark ‘absolutely fantastic’ March Christmas Market as ‘best yet’
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people flocked to March town centre on Sunday to browse stalls and play games at an “absolutely fantastic” Christmas market.
The festive event, which was organised by March Events Committee, featured stalls selling Christmas gifts, food and crafts.
There were also musical performances from Bondy, BackTwo and St Peter & St Peter’s Church Choir among many others.
March Events Committee chairman Councillor Jan French said: “It was marvellous; we had a fantastic turnout, fabulous stalls and great weather.
“I think this was probably our best year yet.”
The Mayor of March, Councillor Andrew Donnelly, declared the Christmas market open at around 10am with a Santa Run.
Xtra Mile Entertainments were also on hand, bringing numerous characters with them to entertain children on the day.
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
They said: “It was such a beautiful day, but very, very cold.”
Stallholders on the day included Ely Fudge Company, Elgood’s Brewery and Sugar & Spice.
One person said on social media: “Really impressed with March Christmas Market again this year.
“Lots of different stalls and a lovely festive atmosphere. Thanks to all who organise it.”
Rob Norton, of Artificial Grass Cambridge, said: “We had a fantastic day at the March Christmas market.
“Saw so many happy smiley people and the kids loved the balloons.
“I’m really proud to take part and support our local community.”
Another attendee said: “March Christmas Market went off with a bang - sincere thanks to the organisers and everyone involved.
“In the craft and gift area we had a blast and our tenants really enjoyed the day.”