Hundreds of pounds is presented for the Sick Children’s Trust thanks to a charity darts match
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds has been presented to the Sick Children’s Trust thanks to a charity darts match held in March.
The match raised £3,289.33 for the Sick Children’s Trust which supports parents whose children are staying at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The darts match was organised as a thank you for the help and support that was given to couple Peter Whittlesey and Jade Peachey when their daughter Effie was born 13 weeks prematurely weighing just 2lb 4oz.
Mum Jade said: “A massive thank you to Jo Anderson for running the events and to our friends and family for all the support.”
The charity darts match, raffle and quiz was organised at the GER in March to give something back to the Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Now seven months old and doing well, Effie spent four weeks in Addenbrooke’s and a further four in Hinchinbrooke until nursing staff were happy to allow her home.
The darts match was held at the GER Club and saw 42 players turn out to enjoy the event.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Anyone still wishing to donate can search the Just Giving site for Peter, Jade and Baby Effie Whittlesey.