Hundreds of pounds is presented for the Sick Children’s Trust thanks to a charity darts match
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds has been presented to the Sick Children’s Trust thanks to a charity darts match held in March.
The match raised £3,289.33 for the Sick Children’s Trust which supports parents whose children are staying at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The darts match was organised as a thank you for the help and support that was given to couple Peter Whittlesey and Jade Peachey when their daughter Effie was born 13 weeks prematurely weighing just 2lb 4oz.
Mum Jade said: “A massive thank you to Jo Anderson for running the events and to our friends and family for all the support.”
The charity darts match, raffle and quiz was organised at the GER in March to give something back to the Trust.
Now seven months old and doing well, Effie spent four weeks in Addenbrooke’s and a further four in Hinchinbrooke until nursing staff were happy to allow her home.
The darts match was held at the GER Club and saw 42 players turn out to enjoy the event.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Missing woman back home
- 8 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 9 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
Anyone still wishing to donate can search the Just Giving site for Peter, Jade and Baby Effie Whittlesey.