Hundreds of pounds is raised to help good causes in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A fund raising extravaganza by the Wisbech mayor has brought in £6,000 for local charities.
Wisbech mayor councillor David Hodgson celebrated the fund raising with a cheque presentation night at the Town Chamber.
The total was divided among 12 charities and community groups.
They were St. Augustine’s Day Care Centre, Victoria Lodge, Wisbech and District Tenants and Residents Association, Wisbech Sea Cadets, Girls Adventure Corps, Wisbech Army Cadets, 3rd. Wisbech Scouts, Wisbech Table Tennis Association, Hudson Indoor Bows Club Wisbech, Wisbech and District Camera Club, Wisbech Veterans and the Cambs 876 Riders who are now enjoying Freedom of the Town.
Mr Hodgson also handed out to a presentation to the town clerk for what he said was his great work and to the deputy clerk for all of her help.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Also of course to the mayoress for her amazing work on all of the fund raising events. I now just have five days left as mayor and have found it very honourable and enjoyable.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack