Hundreds to take to Cambridgeshire roads for annual Yesteryear Run in aid of Cancer Research
- Credit: Archant
A band of enthusiasts will once again trundle through several Cambridgeshire villages in aid of Cancer Research.
On Sunday April 19, the procession will assemble on the Cottenham Village Green for the annual Yesteryear Road Run.
The runners will head off through Rampton, Willingham, Over, Swavesey (where they will stop for lunch), Longstanton, Oakington and Histon before returning to Cottenham Green in the afternoon.
Last year’s road run attracted over 300 entries and organisers hope this year’s will be just as successful.
The organisers said: “We are hoping that each of the villages along the route will support the run by creating its own carnival atmosphere - maybe barbecues or refreshment stalls can help boost not only the collection buckets but the participants too.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also asking for volunteer bucket shakers, marshals and of course entrants to the parade.”
For more information contact either Alan or Vivien Lampard at 01954 200811, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call David Norman at 01954 250917
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k