Hundreds turn out to cheer Chatteris Christmas lights as they are officially switched on
- Credit: Archant
Festive spirit was alive and kicking in Chatteris when hundreds turned out for the annual countdown to the town’s official lights switch on ceremony.
Traders selling Christmas goodies, fairground rides and games were among the entertainment on offer as families milled around town soaking up the atmosphere.
One visitor said on Facebook: “It was my first visit to see the Chatteris Christmas light switch on and I was amazed by how good it was.
“The lights are fabulous and the sense of community spirit was wonderful. Well done to everyone who made the event a success.”
Established in 1985, Chatteris Christmas lights are visited from people from miles around and can be seen daily from 3pm until midnight.
You may also want to watch:
The town’s trees are selected from the Elveden Estate each year to feature in the churchyard and Market Hill Gardens.
Volunteer teams work to help prepare the town for the big event. If you would like to help then contact them via their Facebook page.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused