Police hunt for body of murdered teenager moves to remote area of the Fens
- Credit: Archant
A remote part of the Fens is being searched by detectives investigating the disappearance of a teenager whose parents have been charged with her murder.
Cambridgeshire Police are at Cowbit - 20 miles from Wisbech – scouring the countryside around the River Welland.
Yesterday it was announced that detectives investigating the murder have charged her parents..
Sarah Walker, 37, and Scott Walker, 50, both of Century Square in Millfield, Peterborough, were charged with the murder of 17-year-old Bernadette Walker.
Bernadette was reported missing from Peterborough on July 21 by her parents after she had not been seen for three days.
You may also want to watch:
Police have been carrying out enquiries and searches to find Bernadette, however a ‘no-body’ murder investigation was launched by the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit on Friday (September 11).
Detective Superintendent Jon Hutchinson said: “Whilst my team have made significant progress with this investigation in the last few days, we are yet to find Bernadette therefore my plea is for anyone who has information on what has happened to her, or where she might be, to get in touch as a matter of urgency.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
Both Sarah and Scott have been remanded in custody.
Anyone with information should contact police either by using the online webchat function, or by calling 101 and quoting Operation Penshaw.