Hunt is on for Fenland cause to receive Santa’s suitcase from Co-operative Travel in March
STAFF at a travel agency are collecting a Santa’s suitcase – but they’re looking for a Fenland cause to donate the gifts to.
The Co-operative Travel’s new branch in the Westgate department store in March opened earlier this year.
Customers have been buying gifts in the store and donating nearly new items for the suitcase.
Now the team are looking for a charity or organisation that will benefit from receiving the toys.
Natasha Thatcher, manager of the Co-operative Travel March branch, said: “We opened in February this year and the Santa’s suitcase is something the other stores have done for the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
“Want to donate the gifts to a group or an organisation in this area.”
If you know of a worthy cause in March or the surrounding villages that would benefit from the donation, write to this newspaper at 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ before Friday December 3.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
The store is also running a Christmas colouring competition. Colouring pages are available now in-store and entries need to be in by December 18. Five winners will receive a selection box.