Hunt is on for Fenland cause to receive Santa’s suitcase from Co-operative Travel in March
STAFF at a travel agency are collecting a Santa’s suitcase – but they’re looking for a Fenland cause to donate the gifts to.
The Co-operative Travel’s new branch in the Westgate department store in March opened earlier this year.
Customers have been buying gifts in the store and donating nearly new items for the suitcase.
Now the team are looking for a charity or organisation that will benefit from receiving the toys.
Natasha Thatcher, manager of the Co-operative Travel March branch, said: “We opened in February this year and the Santa’s suitcase is something the other stores have done for the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
“Want to donate the gifts to a group or an organisation in this area.”
If you know of a worthy cause in March or the surrounding villages that would benefit from the donation, write to this newspaper at 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ before Friday December 3.
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 9 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
The store is also running a Christmas colouring competition. Colouring pages are available now in-store and entries need to be in by December 18. Five winners will receive a selection box.