I blame Thatcher for most of our problems
I READ the letter in last week s Cambs Times from M Mitchell with great interest. His views on The Trouble with Britain made good reading. His views and my views will be treated with hands up shock and horror, no doubt, by the predominantly right wing
I READ the letter in last week's Cambs Times from M Mitchell with great interest. His views on 'The Trouble with Britain' made good reading.
His views and my views will be treated with 'hands up' shock and horror, no doubt, by the predominantly right wing Tory townsfolk of March.
I put the blame for most of our problems fairly and squarely on the legacy of Thatcher's Britain. Most of the yobbish behaviour is caused by 16-20-year olds born during the Thatcher era when she was responsible for decimating industries forcing millions out of work to break the trade unions. Reports have suggested that the 16-20-year olds referred to were children of those forced out of work with no hope for the future.
Then of course there was the greed culture. Some were earning millions; most were either on the dole, or those who were working, worked for peanuts because they were frightened of losing their jobs.
You may also want to watch:
I could go on and on but I won't. I will finish by saying the problems in the NHS were caused by lack of investment by the Tories, 'in house' cleaning, laundry facilities and meal preparations were given to private companies and we've seen the consequence of that. Utilities and railways were privatised with due consequences again.
They also had no control over immigration. I'm not a great lover of Tony Blair I will admit, but I dread the day Dave "let's hug the hoodies" Cameron and his bunch of extremists are ever elected. I could be selfish and say it wouldn't hurt me because I've had my time, but that's not me.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 8 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 9 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 10 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland