I can still eat chocolate! Weight loss inspires Lorna to set up a Slimming World group in March
- Credit: Archant
A March woman says she cannot believe how much food she can eat and still lose weight after her weight loss inspired her to set up a Slimming World group.
Lorna Hazeltine, 45, said shopping for clothes was “an awful experience because nothing seemed to fit properly” and she no longer liked what she saw in the mirror
So, with no energy or confidence, despite going to the gym, she joined Slimming World to help her achieve her goal and start eating properly.
“I threw myself into food optimising and was excited to find I had lost 6lb in my first week,” she said.
“That then gave me a boost of confidence so I decided I would set myself a challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“I signed myself up to do the 100K Thames Path challenge - I was determined to lose some weight to enable me to compete it and due to losing weight I completed it 1.5 stone lighter,” said Lorna, who is the manager of the EACH charity shop in Whittlesey.
“I have gained more energy and a passion for exercise. I regularly walk five miles a few times a week as well as going to the gym.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
She has also found she loves cooking healthy meals from scratch and can sit down at the end of the day with a hot chocolate and a Freddo bar of chocolate.
“I didn’t want to stop eating my favourite meals or wishing I could eat chocolate - you can do all this and still lose weight,” she said.
Joining Slimming World has given me confidence and control of my weight. I’ve made some great friends along the way too.
“I couldn’t believe I could eat as much food and still lose weight and now I want to share my enthusiasm and new found knowledge to help others,” she said.
• The group is on Thursday August 11 at St John’s Church Hall in March at 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Call 07923-059129.